The Theatre Arlington internship program provides high school and college students an opportunity to engage in hands on theater training from Theatre Arlington staff, artists and craftspeople. An internship with Theatre Arlington is a valuable supplement and follow-up to a strong theatrical education.
Theatre Arlington’s Internship Program exists to provide interns with training and educational opportunities that will expand their knowledge of working in professional theater.
2012 Summer Internship Opportunities
Theatre Arlington is currently recruiting summer interns for 2013. Interns may apply for summer internships from March 1 – April 30, 2013. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. The summer internships run from June 1 – August 31, 2013. For certain internships, these dates may differ slightly. Please read the internship description for the department(s) you are applying for to get the internship dates. Please only apply for posted opportunities. We do not offer internships in acting.
Internships at Theatre Arlington are unpaid (small stipends for Summer Camp Interns); however, interns receive other employee perks such as development opportunities, complimentary TA tickets, invitations to meet and greets, staff meetings and more.
Internship Applicant Guidelines:
- All applicants must be at least 14 years old and have met the education level requirements for the internship he/she is applying for. Please read the internship description carefully.
- All applicants must be high school or college students (undergrad or graduate) or recent graduates (within the past year).
- We do not offer internships in acting.
- Interns may apply for summer internships from March 1 – April 30, 2013.
- Additional summer internships will be posted in the near future. If you are interested in what other opportunities may become available, check this page at least once per week.
How to Apply
To apply for an internship, please complete the internship application and provide the following:
- three letters of recommendation from people who know your work well such as employers, teachers, professors, supervisors or mentors.
- a resume of work, theater experience and any relevant training.
- a personal statement of 500 words or less that answers all of the following questions:
- Why are you interested in an internship with Theatre Arlington?
- What Strengths would you bring to this internship?
- What are your career goals and how would a TA internship assist you in attaining those goals?
- Please include a personal statement, resume and letters of recommendation with the completed application.
- If you are not including all of your letters of recommendation, please note when you will send them.
- Applications that do not include all of the requested info and recommendations are considered incomplete and will not be viewed until all materials are turned in.
- Please make sure to turn in all materials prior to the deadline. Materials received after the deadline will not be considered.
The Development intern will gain professional work experience by assisting the Development Director in expanding our fundraising goals and sponsor efforts.
Must be 18 years of age or older. Completed at least one year of college/university studies. Study focus should be on fund development and/or theater management. Unpaid.
An internship in directing provides the opportunity for observation of a professional director and exposure to the often complicated process of mounting a production in a large professional not-for-profit theater.
Must be 16 years of age or older. Must have directed at least on production. Study focus should be on directing and/or theater. Unpaid.
A Marketing Department internship
will expose the intern to a fast-paced, exciting and creative administrative department in theater.
Must be 18 years of age or older. Completed at least one year of college/university studies. Study focus should be on PR/marketing and/or theater management. Unpaid
The Stage Management internship will provide a training ground for students and young stage managers who are seeking exposure and hands on experience in a professional theater.
Must be 15 years of age or older. Must have an earnest interest in stage management. Study focus should be on stage and/or theater management. Unpaid.
Summer Camp Intern
A summer camp intern will provide a training ground for students interested in teaching, directing, producing and/or theater. Interns are responsible for guiding and managing all aspects of the campers day and providing support to the teachers.
Must be 14 years of age or older. Must be a hard worker, self-motivated and able to get along with others. Small weekly stipend paid.
Summer Camp Dates:
Musical Theater Camp: June 10 – 29, 2013; Monday-Friday + Saturday 6/30; 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Play and Pretend Camp / Camp Be A Star: July 8 – 13, 2013; Monday – Saturday; 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Adventures in Theater Camp: July 15 – 27, 2013; Monday – Friday + Saturday 7/28; 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.